Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It is what it is…

People often ask how many photos they are going to get from their session and when I tell them the amount they are shocked and then extremely happy. I am one of the few photographers in my area that gives away the copyright to all the pictures they get on a disc. But, I am, I think the only photographer that gives an average of 100 edited pictures… Sounds crazy huh? Well at times I think it is crazy too and I am the crazy person working my butt off to make it happen. There is a reason behind all this craziness. Well, actually there are a couple different reasons. My number one reason for giving so many photos is this: Why am I going to take @300 pictures of YOUR family and then only give you 15-35? I don’t take your pictures to have for myself. I take your pictures for YOU! So I want to give you as many as possible. I feel I have been blessed with this talent, which has gotten me further than I ever imaged. I feel I am supposed to take this gift and give back. Eventually I am going to have to raise my prices again, but I do hope to always stay in a price range that many will be able to afford. When you have two children and a working husband it is nice to contribute. Which leads me into the second reason I give back so much. I have been working since I was 14 years old. I need to work, I know nothing else. As much as I get stressed out and sometimes want to scream, I love being busy. Yes, there are days I would just love to sit on the couch, and I have had those days, but I want to be busy and feel I am helping somewhere. It would kill me if I couldn’t help out my family. This is why I need to keep my prices at a range I can contribute, and also feel that I am getting paid for what I am worth. I hope that this answers some questions that are out there. If you have more, please feel free to ask. I am going to make this blog more personal along with all of my work. I want you to get to know me…. for me, the girl behind the camera.
My ways aren’t for everyone, and that’s fine, but they work for me and that’s all that matters… It is what it is.

No comments: