Thursday, June 9, 2011

::A Better Face:: Tips & Tricks

A couple weeks ago I went in search of trying to find a “buffing cloth” my friend Amanda had been talking about. She made this wonderful Facebook page to give tips, tricks and suggestions how to take better care of you skin and your face. If you know me, you know I am not real big into taking care of myself ( yes, horrible to admit, but oh-so-true). Ever since Amanda made this page I have been washing my face every night and trying to take better care of my skin.

So, as a drove around Temecula looking for this buffing cloth I was getting more and more frustrated by the minute because I wasn’t able to find it. While I was at Target I sent her a text asking what this thing looked like. She tried to explain it and then also said they are sometimes not at Target but always at Wal-Mart, so that is where I headed. I am a very visual person so me not knowing what this thing looked like was equivalent to trying to find a needle in a haystack, expect I was in Wal-Mart, even worse.  After searching for 15 minutes and even calling Amanda, who lives in Texas and I am pretty sure it was 8-9 o’clock there, I was able to find this little sucker and let me tell you how it has changed my life. This buffer cloth is amazing! And, the best part; it doesn’t get mold and other mildew nasty stuff it in. It dries within an hour of using it, thus not being able to grow any fungus, like a loufa.

In Amanda’s words taken from her page: {A BUFFING CLOTH!!! have you ever heard of one? if not, this is a MUST. that loofa you use is COVERED in bacteria - EVEN MOLD - and you are rubbing that all over your body every time you shower! disgusting! they never actually dry out so they are like a petri dish just waiting to explode. gross! Buffing cloths are AMAZING! not only are the antimicrobial (they don't get "germy" - even if folded up), they ALWAYS dry out (YES, EVEN IF YOU FOLD THEM UP), they exfoliate because they have a rougher texture and the FEEL AMAZING! after just one use you will notice a marked difference in the look and feel of your skin. they are big so you are able to scrub your back and they are pliable enough to bunch up and use just like a loofa! you cannot go wrong with one and to sweeten the deal they are under $5.00!!! you can pick them up in the cosmetics areas of Wal-Mart & target, where the back scrubbers (never use those - disgusting) and other shower items can be found! use them with your favorite body wash and you'll never go back to a dirty loofa again.}

Because I am a visual person. I took some pictures of this buffing cloths with hope will be be able to find it faster than I did.

1

As I was walking out the door of Wal-Mart I asked Amanda what facial stuff she would recommend to someone who has nothing and is on a budget. She didn’t even have to think about it before she started naming off products. So I ran back in, with her on the phone, grabbed everything she told me and walked away with three wonderful products I have been using daily, and LOVE them. My face feels amazing. I have been doing this for about a week now and can already see a huge difference.

So if you are like me and on a budget here are some great products to buy and start off with.

3

2

And here are the instructions Amanda has send along with the product:

*CLARIFICATION ON A DOUBLE CLEANSE*/routine: when you cleanse your face you need to cleanse TWICE followed by exfoliation and moisturizer. steps below:
1- rinse face
2- cleanse
3- rinse face (DO NOT DRY)
...4 - cleanse (again)
5 - rinse face (DO NOT DRY)
6 - exfoliate (now ONLY use an exfoliate that says it can be used daily if you plan on exfoliating every day - if you are going to be using a harsher exfoliate limit it to once or twice a week - follow instructions on bottle)
7 - PAT DRY
8 - moisturizer w/spf (or moisturizer and follow WITH an spf)
now if you want to use toners you can use them after you've patted your face dry after the exfoliation. so it would go between steps 7 & 8. i prefer toners that spray as opposed to toners you put on a cotton ball. if you're putting it on a cotton ball it most likely contains alcohol and can be very drying to your skin.
it seems like A LONG process but it's not. you can actually do it in less than 5 minutes and i usually do all but the toner & moisturizer in the shower. She also said witch hazel can be used as a great inexpensive toner.

If you would like to read more way to treat your skin better please click here and “like” Amanda's page. You wont be disappointed. Promise.

2 comments:

Tressa Mae said...

Nice I think I am going to try one of these I use buff puffs but they seem to be a little too rough for my sensitive skin does she have any suggestions for acne skin mine is horrible and have found nothing that works, Kim has tried for years on my skin!

Anonymous said...

Why people still make use of to read news papers when
in this technological world the whole thing is presented on net?


my web blog ... http://www.tifiladelfia.com.br/aluno/pg/forum/topic/681809/ideas-on-how-to-stay-clear-of-unplanned-disfuncin-erctil-delay-climax/