Wednesday, March 2, 2011

::Pricing Changes are Coming::

 

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times." — Niccolo Machiavelli

Last year when I raised my prices mid-year I felt guilty. Really guilty. I didn’t know a whole lot about the “business” I just knew I was taking pictures, loving it and was able to contribute to my family. This year it may be wrong for me to admit, but I don’t feel as guilty. I have improved so much over this last year and I think we should all get paid for what we are worth, don’t you? I read from another photographer that when she first started out the advice she was given about pricing was for every three sessions she should raise her prices. So, if you keep that in mind I think you are still getting a wonderful deal from me. I wrote a blog post back in November and it basically sums up why I have to raise my prices, but why I keep my prices where they are and also give so many pictures along with the copyright. If you would like to read more please go here. With all of this being said my prices will be the following as of July 1st. If you book an appointment for July or anytime after it will be under the new pricing.

Family/Child Sessions will now be $200.00 due at the time of your session. You will still be getting a minimum of 50 edited images on a CD with the copyright release.

Senior Sessions will now be $235.00 due at the time of your session. You will still be getting a minimum of 50 edited images on a CD with the copyright along with 56 wallets, two 5x7 & two 8x10.

Engagement Sessions will now be $200.00 due at the time of your session. You will still be getting a minimum of 50 edited images on a CD with the copyright release. If you are adding on an engagement session to one of the wedding packages the price will be $150.00. Engagement session will also include one 11x14 print on styrene board. If you would like to upgrade to a bigger size you will be asked to just pay the difference.

For now, through the end of the year my Wedding packages will stay the same price. If you are interested in Wedding pricing please contact me and I can send you our price list. Packages start at $1895.00.

Birth Photography will now be $200.00 due a couple weeks before your due date so you will not have to think about paying me as you are bringing a life into this world.

Newborn Sessions will  be 200.00 and take place at your home within the first 10 days of life unless other arrangements are made or discussed. Newborn sessions normally last 1-3 hours. I like to allow enough time for feedings, soothing, and whatever else might arise. With newborns I offer a minimum of 25 pictures on a cd with the copyright release.  I also can also create your birth announcement for an additional 25.00.

Maternity Pictures will now be $200.00 due at the time of your session. You will still be getting a minimum of 50 edited images on a CD with the copyright release.

Belly-Birth-Newborn Package.  I will now be offering a package deal if you are looking for Maternity Pictures, Birthing Pictures and then also Newborn pictures. This package will be $525.00 if booked together. If you are not interested in Birth Photography and would just like Maternity and Newborn Pictures the package cost will be $350.00.  {please note I like to take newborn pictures within the first 10 days of life when your baby is still very sleepy and flexible}

If you would like all of your unedited pictures from your session on a CD the price will now be $100.00.

All sessions will still take place at a location of your choice and you will be allowed as many outfit changes as you would like.

I still haven’t fully decided on this but I think I am going to start requiring a $25.00 deposit fee to hold your session date. This will be paid by check that I will hold until your session. At the time of your session I can either give you the check back  or you can apply it to your session fee. OR if you would rather have it go to your session and don’t want to write a check you can pay with paypal. I have tried to stay away from this the last two years but I was extremely busy last year in the fall and I can’t afford to have people cancel at the last minute, nor is it fair to my other clients waiting for dates.  

I also just wanted to give you all the heads up that I am extremely bad about returning phone calls. If you have ever left me a message you know this to be true. I do not do this intentionally it is just really hard to talk on the phone with two little ones around. If you send me an e-mail I will return it within 24hours, I cannot promise the same with phone calls. Just being honest.

If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please send me an e-mail and I would be happy to help you out.

HannahSonsPhotography@gmail.com

Cooke2001Feb_0571

No comments: